On May 16, make the decision to go without complaining for an entire day.
If you catch yourself complaining, ask yourself questions like:
- Is this what my listener wants to hear?
- What kind of impression am I making right now?
- Does this make me sound passive and not in control?
- What action am I avoiding taking that would fix the situation I’m complaining about?
- Am I choosing to complain instead of facing something difficult?
- How would it feel to have this situation out of my life?
- What can I talk about instead which would bring me closer to my listener?
Happy National No Complaining Day!